- In 1996 a 40,000 sq. ft. warehouse and office facility was purchased to serve as a supplemental distribution center and facilitate the eventual relocation of the existing head office and production facility from Toronto.
With a booming economy, the pace of imported automobiles flowing into the Canadian market accelerated dramatically. In response, PRENCO created a business division to import and distribute European auto parts, a practice that continues today. Elsewhere, PRENCO also began manufacturing components for the oil heating industry while Mr. Chmel sold the hydraulics division to Aeroquip Corp. of USA in 1954.