The Early Years
Prenco Progress & Engineering Corporation Ltd. was established in 1939 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada producing aircraft parts including gauges, hoses and fittings. Mr. J.K. Chmel immigrated to Canada to escape the impending war in Europe, and as a leading Czechoslovakian industrialist, he brought his expertise to North America to assist in the war effort. He began operating out of an old machine shop in downtown Toronto, building PRENCO into one of Canada’s first aircraft parts manufacturers.
From Aviation to Automobiles
With a booming economy, the pace of imported automobiles flowing into the Canadian market accelerated dramatically. In response, PRENCO created a business division to import and distribute European auto parts, a practice that continues today. Elsewhere, PRENCO also began manufacturing components for the oil heating industry while Mr. Chmel sold the hydraulics division to Aeroquip Corp. of USA in 1954.
Innovation Through Development
PRENCO realized the opportunity to assemble wire sets with available components and sell a full range of high-quality parts in the automotive aftermarket segment to cover all import and domestic vehicles.
Expansion of Distribution
- PRENCO’s renowned craftmanship leads to establishing multiple warehouses throughout North America, turbocharging our ability to supply parts to OEMs, National Accounts and Buying Groups as well as the traditional automotive after-market
A Maturing Manufacturer
- In 1996 a 40,000 sq. ft. warehouse and office facility was purchased to serve as a supplemental distribution center and facilitate the eventual relocation of the existing head office and production facility from Toronto.
65 Years of Precision Parts
PRENCO Moves to a New Facility
- With expanding markets, and complicated logistics, PRENCO decided to consolidate it’s Canadian Headquarters and Warehousing in Pickering, ON.
- We were proud to have celebrated our 70th anniversary as a market innovator and leader, and look forward to the next 70 years.
PRENCO Expands to USA
- PRENCO establishes a warehouse in New Jersey to better serve our ever increasing customer base in the United States